Effective Date: March 30, 2015
1.2. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience Site intended for individuals 18 or older. We do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age as defined in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information we have for that individual. If you are aware of such a person, please contact us immediately using the contact option on the Site.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
(1) Categories of Personally Identifiable Information. We collect personally identifiable information from you when you contact us. The information collected includes the specific information you provide with each submission including your name, email address and narratives.
We do not share your information with any third parties who will directly market to you. We do share said information with third parties who assist in the running of the Site [hosts, payment processing, etc.], however, they do not use or disclose your information for marketing purposes.
(2) Modification or Removal Process. You can contact us with any modification requests. However, we do not act on deletion requests for legal reasons.
(4) Effective Date: The effective date shall be March 30, 2015.
(5) Do Not Track Signals. Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources at this time.
(6) Third Party Cumulative Tracking: As a matter of transparency, we’ve decided to disclose to you whether third parties can acquire and track your personally identifiable information through our website. Google and Twitter can track you through this Site as we use their services for social media and internal tracking purposes. Google participates in the NIA opt out program. You can visit this link to view all companies including Google that track you and choose to no longer be tracked. You can view the policies of Twitter here.
You can use programs such as Privacy Badger to further control the collection of information regarding you online.
(7) California Eraser Law. Individuals under 18 years of age are prohibited from interacting with the Site. Nonetheless, if an individual under age 18 has posted a blog comment or provided content in some other manner and wishes their information to be removed pursuant to the dictates of the “California Eraser Law”, please contact us using the “Contact Us” link located in the left column of the Site.
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous aggregate “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
3. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
3.1. WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law.
(b) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis. Your personal information will not be detailed in this aggregate data.
(c) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
(d) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our Company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Site. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personally identifiable information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. SITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
5.1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
The Site includes interactive commenting areas where users can upload information. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
5.2. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we have no control over the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
6.1. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel contact us using the Contact link on the menu of the Site.